The State Bank of Pakistan Merit Scholarship Scheme is a scholarship programme especially created for individuals with outstanding academic performance and meritorious contributions to their community. The Scholarship helps these students achieve their education goals and provides them an opportunity to pursue higher studies in universities around the world.
The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) offers economic assistance with merit scholarships to the capable and talented children of its serving, retired, or deceased employees (up to OG-2 level) who are following their studies at the intermediate, graduation, and post-graduation levels.
Applications for scholarships under the Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022–23 are invited on the given form from eligible candidates.
Eligibility for Scholarship:
- Required Intermediate, Graduation, Post-Graduation and Diplomas in any disciplines and minimum duration six months.
- The award of scholarships for intermediate, graduation, post-graduation, and diploma courses will be deliberated only for those students who have admission in colleges, universities, technical training institutes, and other degree awarding institutions (DAIs) duly recognised by the relevant authority or body (HEC, BIEK, BISE, IBCC, NAVTTC, PEC, PMDC, TEVTA, etc.).
- Provide Scholarship amount:
- Intermediate Matric/O-levels Rs. 7,330
- Graduation Intermediate/A-levels Rs. 9,330
- Post-Graduation Graduation Rs. 13,328
- Children of SBP employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level who have passed their last exams (Matriculation/O-levels/Intermediate/A-levels/Graduation/Diploma) in any year with minimum “B” grade or at least 60% marks.
- In case of grades mentioned in GPA/CGPA format, the candidate must provide GPA’s grading policy with percentages.
- The candidates must have secured admission in recognized educational institutions in Pakistan during the calendar year 2021 and afterwards.
- The government or any other organization does not provide scholarships to students.
- Duration of the enrolled program must be mentioned clearly on the application form and supported with documentary evidence from educational institution.
- Minimum duration of diplomas should be 6 months.
5. Admissibility/ Withdrawal:
- The scholarship will be granted quota for each course to those candidates who meet all the eligibility conditions mentioned in this advertisement.
- Scholarships claimed for same level of education only one time.
- Scholarship payments for the following year or semester will be contingent on the student submitting a progress report on the most recent examination taken.
- The scholarship not will be reserved for children who fail or do not appear in the examination.
- Submit application address Senior Joint Director-EBD, Human Resources Department, State Bank of Pakistan, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, latest date of application January 10, 2023.
- Application Form download link https://www.sbp.org.pk/Scholarship/App-Forms-Merit-Scho.PDF